Sunday, September 8, 2013

Summer Recap & Family Room Changes ~

Summer came and went... 
and there are lots of changes at our house... 



My son graduated High School 
Magna Cum Laude 


and 
then I took him off to college 
and left him there...

GULP...


Decorating a boy's dorm room isn't that fun! 

We kept it simple with navy and grey.
and we had to throw in some Steelers...

He's still in California and I will get to visit him 
this Fall at college football games...


My precious daughter made the cheer squad 
again at her high school...


This year she is on Varsity ~
She is the tall one :)

My grandmother celebrated her 97th birthday!!


My 12 year old dog "B" isn't doing well right now and it's breaking my heart.  He has seen the vet and we are trying some new medication.. I am praying for him. He's my baby ~


With Fall approaching, 
I have been making changes in the house.. 

Mostly moving things from room to room but some new things have popped into the family room... 

if you follow me on Instagram
you might have seen a few of these things already...


So, here's a quiz...

HOW MANY THINGS IN THIS PHOTO 
ARE NEW OR HAVE CHANGED??

Can you pick out the changes?? 
It's not easy, I had to count twice and I live here! LOL

I'll give you a hint on one change... I just moved that tall arch mirror in the family room not 10 minutes ago! Not sure if I like it or not.?! What do you think? I had an old door with a mirror there before.

Thanks for stopping by!
Marcy 

16 comments:

Marsha said...

I'm with you on that big gulp. We took our daughter to college a few weeks ago. It's very quiet at my house, now. I'm slowly getting used to the new norm. I'm moving things around, too, as we head into fall.

Kelly said...

Congrats to your son on his graduation with honors! Wow! That is wonderful. He's so handsome, btw! He has a bright future ahead of him. Your daughter isn't doing too badly either. My goodness, you've raised two very bright kids! You should be so proud. Congrats on your grandmom's 97th birthday too. That is quite a milestone. Love the family room decor. I'm not able to pick out the changes though, because it's been a while since I've seen it. Glad to see you posting again after having such a busy summer.

Ivy and Elephants said...

First, congratulations! I know you are so proud of your son. What an accomplishment!I wish him much success. Congrats to both your daughter and grandma as well.
Now, I see lots of change, the trunk? Where's my big bird cage? Sofa to chaise? You have been a busy bee!
Hugs,
Patti

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Congrats to both your son and daughter Marcy!! Your grandmother looks fabulous...birthday wishes sent her way:)
I spy two new things...the trunk and the black drop leaf table? I like the way the arch mirror looks layered with the picture.
I hope the new meds work for your sweet B...I hate it when our fur babies don't feel well.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Lots going on in your life...I was sad to see your dog isn't doing well. I dread the day....I love my Dillon so much. Good to see your handsome kids doing so well in life...thats what its all about!

Leslie Harris said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your precious fur baby is not well Marcy. That makes my heart hurt. Keep us posted on him...
but on the to happy stuff.. Congrats on the kids, it sounds like they're off and running and doing so well. That's all we can ask for isn't it? I'm so happy the college drop off went well. And congrats to Grandma too. Regarding your house, I like the mirror there. And I haven't seen the trunk before have I? I think your room looks great! But more pictures next time :)
xo
Leslie

20 North Ora said...

Sorry your doggie is not well - hoping medication improves his health. They become such an integral part of our lives. Sounds like you had a good summer!

I am your newest follower.

Judy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

It's nice when things settle back down after summer is over as wonderful as it is! A big congratulations to your scholar son. He looks pretty happy with his space. Your daughter is darling! Oh I remember those non stop years! I like the way your mirror balances things out. Seems like my place changes constantly. So nice that you came by!

Donna said...

Wishing the best to both of your kids! Know you are so proud. Your house looks wonderful. I noticed you took out the coffee table and pit a trunk. What else? Wish you would post more often but know how busy life is.

Mary Ann at classic•casual•home said...

Love this newsy post! Best wishes for your sweet pooch.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I miss California. Your kids are both tall, and I'm glad your son is not too far. I will be thinking happy thoughts for your dog.

Courtney Affrunti said...

Hi Marcy,
Your home is gorgeous! I am a new follower. How is your sweet Golden doing?

Courtney

AntiqueChase said...

He is hanging in there.. New meds working but I am monitoring his pain... breaks my heart

chateau chic said...

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I'm already a follower of your lovely blog.
Hope things are going well for your son who's off to college.
Mary Alice

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

I'm a little late Marcy, but congrats on your son's high honors at graduation!

Hope you are well...your home looks lovely as always! Hope your dog is ok. xo

Sandy said...

Hi Just discovered your blog while doing a search on loving cup trophies. Sure hope things are well because I see you haven't posted in awhile. It sounds like your kids are doing very well. I hope your dog B is okay.