Friday, October 14, 2011

Spring into Fall ~

I'm back... 
I took a very long blog break!! 


I missed you... 
and I'm finally ready to jump back in.

Lots happened over the summer. My two teens are growing (too) quickly and I am realizing that I only have a few more summers with them in my nest. So I took time off to enjoy every second of our summer ... 


There were graduations...
my daughter's 8th grade promotion

and celebrations... 
my grandmother Mollie's 95th birthday


and just some wonderful lazy summer days...



My daughter started high school this year...

She worked very hard and made the Freshman Cheer team along with some of her very best friends. 


As any cheer mom will tell you, 
this is a full time job for the mom

But, I'm loving every minute of it!!

The girls are so sweet and full of life... and seeing them cheer the football games is truly a pleasure!

My son started his Junior year of high school
[before I know it, he will be off to college]
sigh..

And just to mix things up 
or keep me on my toes...

my kids chose to go to 
different high schools. 

This has made me  crazy really busy... 

Because...
while my daughter cheers for football at one school, 
my son plays football at a different school ...


It took a little while, 
but we finally have our routine in place.

Things have calmed down a bit, 
which leaves me with some free time to blog. 


So I am officially back!

I hope you will continue to check in. I have some great decorating projects I want to share,  room updates and of course I have all my flea market finds from the summer I can't wait to share with you!!

As always, thanks for stopping by to read my blog and checking in on me!! I loved all your emails over the summer!! I also appreciate your follow and I always love your comments and questions!!

Have a great weekend
and 
see you soon :)

25 comments:

Pam said...

I'm was so excited to see you pop up on my blog list again! I missed you. Glad you are back.

Salmagundi said...

Glad you are back - I'm looking forward to your future posts. Sally

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

The beotch is back! Haha...I knew you would pop back up :) I took a break too. Its just too hard to be involved in everything and blog about it too. I seriously dont know how some people do it.

Anyhoo, I missed you, and I almost emailed you two days ago.
Swear.

So, now that you are back, we can plan how we are going to take over the world.
Muahahaha....

Later dude -

XOX

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I remember those days and while part of me is glad they are over, another part wishes they were back. Enjoy them! It does seem to go fast from here on out. Looking forward to seeing all you've been doing and finding!

Babs said...

Hey there! Glad you're back and had a fabulous Summer. Have a great weekend,
Babs

Ivy and Elephants said...

Family comes first...but boy am I glad go have you back. I am looking forward to seeing what you have to share with us. I use to be just one of your blog voyeurs...now I am a blogger so please stop by and see is sometime. Now I feel like we are neighbors in blogland.

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Judy said...

I was so happy to see your blog post pop up...I've missed seeing your gorgeous photos and home.

Welcome back!
Judy

Olive Cooper said...

You are so right to enjoy them now. My kiddo is finishing her AD degree and will be moving to a bigger University and we hardly see her so you are very wise.

My Cozy Casita said...

Hi there,glad you're back I missed you and your beautiful blog.

Welcome back!!!
XO
isora

Sarah said...

Glad to see you back. I've missed your creative posts.~ Sarah

Little Leslie said...

Welcome back . I guess you were busy. Can't wait to see your projects!
Leslie

High Street Cottage said...

Marcy do you know I was starting to get a bit worried? Then noticed you made a post, which I'm so glad you did. I took a longish break too. Blogging I find is like that.
Sounds like you had a marvy Summer though:)
Soooo glad you're back we've all missed you as you can see, and as for continuing to read your blog, well that goes without saying;)
Have a wonderful weekend, tami

TheCrankyCrow said...

Welcome back....I was just getting to know you and POOF! Glad to hear you had a good excuse to go MIA.... ;o) Smiles & Hugs~ Robin

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Welcome back! I always look forward to your posts, but totally understand the need for your break. Family always comes first! Can't wait to see what you've been up to! Martina

Kristie said...

Look what I found? A new post...Welcome back! Can't wait to see what's in store:)

Kristie

Sue said...

So glad to see that you're back! I've missed seeing your posts. I know life is crazy- just keep it all in perspective and know we understand. :-) Sue

kathie said...

Welcome back!! I was so glad to see a new post here, I've missed you :) Sounds like you have a crazy busy, but FUN fall ahead!!

Red Gate Farm said...

So happy to "see" that you're back!

~Chris

Robin said...

Welcome back. Looks like you've been keeping yourself VERY busy!

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness - I missed you so much!!! Sooo happy to see that you are BACK!

LL from KS said...

I was so glad to refined you! I saw your breadboard idea on a kinky party and was so thrilled it led back to you! I love your blog and sense of decorating, but thought you had quit so I had deleted you from my list. I just added you right back to my favorites list! :-)

T.@WhatWeKeep said...

We share a passion! I have so many antique bread boards that I started hanging them up my back stairway! I love the idea of stenciling with these. Will have to check them out asap. Thanks for sharing and I'm a new follower. : )
Have a great weekend!
~Tina

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

...i was JUST thinking about you yesterday!! so glad to see you back and i KNOW what you are going through as a mom! these are super fun days and times for your kids! i miss these kind of days with mine. have a blast and enjoy each moment! happy fall!!!!

becky

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Yay Marcy!! So good too see you back!! I took most of the summer off too. Can't wait to see what you have been up to :)

Welcome Back!!

Lou Cinda

Live*Laugh*Love said...

Hey my name is Tara. I am your newest follower on your blog site would you be so kind & follow me back it would mean so much to me. Thanks :) Feel free to Like or Follow me on my facebook fan page & my Twitter!!!

http://taracl2011.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/NicholasMommy07
http://www.facebook.com/pages/LiveLaughLove/123392547737823