Friday, May 6, 2011

Vintage Junque & My New Trunk ~

Flea Market Wednesday did not disappoint this week!! By the way, did I tell you I had a friend email me to complain that I really shouldn't talk about FMW on my blog anymore... "I'm ruining it, too many people know about it now!" I did agree with her but I'm sorry but these finds are too good not to share, so here we go...


These are my finds for the week...


I found this tiny soup tureen. I collect large tureens but this is my first small one. I wonder if it was an individual size used at each place setting or maybe it wasn't for soup at all? 



I love the crackle crazing....


Stamped Ironstone...


Complete with a ladle which is always a plus...
Many times, ladles are broken or lost so the value increases with the original ladle.


Small (glue) repair to the lid handle didn't bother me..


I collect brown transferware 
but decided that this grey transferware teapot
might start a new collection...


Love the muted grey of the flowers...


the crackle patina...


the darker the crackle the more I love it!


Nice stamp...


I will probably display this with garden flowers tucked inside...


A box of tiny Christmas ornaments was too good of a deal to pass by. I like to buy my vintage ornaments 'off season' because the prices are much cheaper!!



Jumbo flower frog...


I have a small(ish) collection of metal flower frogs 
and this jumbo will make a nice addition.


My heart must have skipped a beat when I found this old metal horse...


I'm sure I was inspired to purchase this by my friend 
Alison at The Polohouse
{Alison has a horse like this in her kitchen}

Her home has me very Ranch Inspired and she has a great blog!


My new pony has great patina to his old white paint..

and he's about 2 feet long!


Just enough chippy to make me happy...


This is the back side and I found a marking when I got home


Anybody know anything about these marking and my new pony??


Going to hang him on the wall or prop him on top of an armoire...
I'll be sure to take a photo when he's placed..


This is my score for the day...
week...
year??

A ginormous old wicker trunk 
purchased from my friend Kathee 
Check out her great blog Chateauetjardin.

I met Kathee one day at FMW
she introduced herself and told me she reads my blog...
It was so exciting for me to meet a reader!!


Kathee told me that this trunk was from Europe 
but I don't remember exactly where...


It has only one of it's loops remaining...


The basket weave is awesome...


Large enough to be a coffee table...
But I won't be using this as a coffee table.

My teenagers (and their friends) sit on all our coffee tables
This one would get crushed...

So, 
I think I am going to use it as a side table in our guest room 
or possibly on top of the armoire in the master...


Look at these authentic worm holes...


Just a wonderful basket that I am so happy to own!!
{thanks Kathee}


Can't wait to fill it up with lots of JUNQUE!!

Thank for stopping by and taking time to read my blog!!

Don't want to miss a post??
Please follow me with Google Friend Connect! 

Linking to these Fabulous Parties:
My Romantic Home
French Country Cottage
Finding Fabulous
FIngerprints on the Fridge
Shabby Nest
Chic on a Shoestring
A Little Knick Knack
Savvy Southern Style
Stuff and Nonsense
Common Ground
The Thrifty Groove
Tatertotsandjello

40 comments:

Here On Crow Creek said...

I love your finds! I would be giddy with excitement! I cant wait to see where the pony's new home will be. You have a lovely home and I love your blog! I did visit Alison at polohouse and am following now. Her house is beautiful also. Her horse in her kitchen is adorable! Thanks for showing us your wonderful finds!

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Oh My Goodness!! I am dying over your fabulous finds!! The gray transferware teapot is fabulous! If your ever tire of it, yo can send it to me! :)
Hope you have a beautiful weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

AshTreeCottage said...

Wonderful finds!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Susan said...

I guess I am confused why your friend would not want you to post your finds! They are awesome , just like your blog!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great finds. Love the hamper. I have a vintage one from Provence at least that is what they told me. That horse is probably part of an old weathervane and someone painted it. Lucky you finding that. That redcliff ironstone is nice. That stuff is expensive around here. I love all that crazing, too. Have a super weekend.

Pam said...

Great finds. Your horse is awesome. When I first saw him I assumed he was much smaller, but that is a nice size!

Inspired by you said...

Love your finds! Your things are always so beautiful! Wish I could find some of that stuff around here.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Gorgeous!! We are going to a flea this Sunday and CAN'T wait! Hope we score some great finds like you! Thanks for making our mouth drool :)

AntiqueChase said...

Susan,
She wants the Wed Flea Market to stay a little bit more sleepy ... not as many buyers shopping.
Have a great weekend!

kathee said...

Hi Marcy! Thank you again for your purchase of the beautiful trunk! It is from Austria! I think it would make a great side table in you guest room. I'm loving all the other goodies you picked up too, especially the transferware! I hope to see you soon, take care. ohhh and thanks for the blog of my blog!!!
xokathee

Prulletje said...

LOL I Love the worm holes ;-) Beautiful finds !

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

SCORE!!!
Great stuff!!
I like the gray on the tea pot too! And I love that horse!

Rachel Noelle said...

Love the junque in your trunk!!!;) Have a wonderful weekend~ Hugs,Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

MY O MY! Fun stuff! LOVE the basket. I need one of those! The tin horse is FAB too!

KATHY said...

Wow you found some great stuff!! I love the ironstone tureen.

Kathy

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

Those are some good finds! Like the ironstone and the horse!! judy

Sarah said...

Who, each is a good find. My favorites being the pony and the mini tureen. I recently found a small pitcher in the Red Cliff grape ironstone. I love that pattern.
Happy Mother's Day! ~ sarah

Gina at Vintage Junk in My Trunk said...

Totally agree with you on the crackle. Like your title too! ;)

Babs said...

Marcy, I don't blame ou for bragging. I'd be shouting from the roof tops if I found those things. I must say California has the best flea markets. Hope you have a great weekend and a lovely Mother's Day.
Babs

Amy said...

I just found you thru Melinda over at Alabaster Rose
I just love your finds, yes that gray pitcher is AMAZING!
I will be following now for sure!
Amy

Finding Home said...

Great pony! All of them were great finds! Have a great weekend! Take care, Laura

Vintagesouthernlife said...

You got some wonderful treasures! I love the wicker trunk!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow. Incredible finds. I wanna go junquing with you! Smiles ~ Robin

A Cottage Muse said...

You found some fabulous stuff!
Love the horse!!!

Diann said...

Oh, what great finds! I love them all. I have a good size collection of large and medium size white ironstone tureens. I have been wanting to get a full collection of the small individual ones but, so far, I haven' found any while out thrifting. I will keep looking! Great finds this week. Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Oh what lovely finds! I adore that huge wicker trunk! What a great piece~and love your HUGE flower frog and metal horse. Thank for sharing at FNF :)

High Street Cottage said...

Marcy, you have such a good eye. the Horse is just wonderful, I love Allison's blog, and have been a follower for a while now, her rooms are amazing.
And the tea pot is so pretty. The trunk is perfect I think for your home, you really scored with it. Thanks for sharing such fun finds. tami

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Marcy! You did really good this week. Everything you bought is wonderful but the horse and basket are fabulous. I have such a weakness for vintage baskets.
xo,
Sherry

Stephanie said...

Marcy - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the wicker trunk - great finds!!

KAT said...

I LOVE that white horse..so cool! you have lots of treasures here
I am a new follower! Very nice blog
Kat

Ironstone and Pine said...

ooo, you found some GOODIES! I especially like that gray transferware teapot, i don't think i have ever seen gray, very pretty and different! I like your horsie, i have one that was actually pulled off a 19th century barn cupola, and I have always wanted to know more about him, he's quite bent because he is made out of thin tin....but he looks great on the top bookshelf... we must think alike :)

Joy Campbell said...

Where is the wed flea market???? I live in so cal too but never heard of this one...please share..

Joy

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Marcy!
I did not see this one! GREAT horse! Thanks so much for the shout out too. :) You are so kind BFF.
xoxoxox
Where did your pony end up? I love it! Please know that if he does not work in your gorgeous home, I do know the perfect place where you could "put him out to pasture" --- in Illinois! LOL
Seriously though.... !

xoxox
Alison
Love all the things you found.

Junkin' 4 Joy said...

Great finds! I wish SC had good loot like CA. I just got a small ironstone tureen that could be a sister to yours. They are sauce tureens. LOVE THEM! I love all minis. Love your blog!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

You definitely raked in a haul!! Love the pony and the crazing on the tureen and transferware, I LOVE!

Now that basket! WHAT a score!!! It is fabulous! Can't wait to see where it ends up!

Lou Cinda

Grandma Susan said...

Hi, my daughter directed me to your blog, I am a retired teacher and have been collecting antiques and collectibles for many years. I sell on eBay, specializing in china, silver, and quilts. Like you, I also love ironstone! I wonder if you knew that much of the discoloration you find on old china can be removed. Hydrogen Peroxide purchased in a Wholesale beauty store (like Sally's) is the agent you soak the china piece in. It needs to be the clear version. I don't mind crazing but the discoloration can really effect my eBay store. I will subscribe to your blog!
Susan

AntiqueChase said...

Hi Grandma Susan and other readers!! I wanted to email you but some of you have your response email set to "no reply"... I can't remember how to turn this off, I believe it's in the settings menu! Thanks for all you comments and feedback. I would love to look at your ebay store, but have no way of knowing where it is. Thanks everyone!!

alison said...

just a note to tell you that i featured this post on fridays unfolded this week...have a lovely friday!

alison
stuff and nonsense

Terry said...

Those are hard find treasures..i like your basket.We have different designs of basket weave in our place. Better visit Philippines...

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Marcy!
My BFF!
Are you on a very long summer vacation?
So nice to see your comment on my blog this evening.
Just wondering what you've been up to????
Hope you are enjoying your time off and hope that everything is ok.
:)
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Alison