Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Settee Love~

One of my very dearest and oldest friends owns this fabulous settee.  I love everything about it! 

The charming Country French shape with it's curvy legs...
...the pretty floral carving, not to mention the rush seat... 

My heart was racing when she emailed me photos of it! 
When  I saw the settee cushion, I almost passed out..it has ROOSTERS and ROSES
I heard opera voices in my head... they were singing!!

The next email said "Do you want this settee, because you can I have it.. I no longer have a spot for it in my house"...

WHAT?? 
She's actually giving this away.... to me??  

I could not say YES fast enough!! I'm off to pick up my new settee and take this dear friend to lunch!!

I'm not exactly sure where I will place it but know I will find the perfect spot!

Linking to:


12 comments:

{Carrie} said...

That is so me, some one will offer me something that I see beauty in and I will immediately pounce and say yes. The silly question of where will you put it?! Please, my answer who cares? I love it. Hence the huge amount of stuff in storage!

The Attic Girls said...

Hi Marcy- This is my first visit to your blog and I found you after you left your blog name at our store in Coronado! Thanks for paying us a visit - hope you are enjoying your new treasure. :)

-Nancy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a wonderful friend you have to give you that wonderful settee. Love the cushion, too. Your home is just stunning. I love the mix of vintage and shabby throughout. I found you through the cottage of the month. Welcome to blog land.

bj said...

I can't WAIT to see where you use it...:) Such a sweet friend.

Sarah said...

If you love it, you'll find a spot. That's my motto! Lucy you that you can give this beauty a home. Like you, I adore everything about this setee, cushion included! ~ Sarah

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Oh I'm lovin' that settee! What a great gift and a great friend, just beautiful-enjoy! Thank you so much for joining the Barnyard Bash:@)

dogsmom said...

Congratulations! What a sweet friend.
What a lucky you.

Shelia said...

I love your pretty sittee! I'm so happy for you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sarah said...

Oh, I'm happy you linked this to the Barnyard Bash. I love seeing this gorgeous bench with its rooster cushion again. Love this piece!

AshTreeCottage said...

What a beautiful settee! You are one lucky girl!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Jeanne said...

I too love your settee. You are a good friend to receive such a beautiful treasure. The seat cover is awesome.
Hugs, Jeanne

gnee @ Singing With Birds said...

You scored! This is beautiful and you have a most generous friend. Glad you're taking her to lunch!!!!