Monday, August 2, 2010

My Favorite Trophy~


I thought I would share a close-up of my favorite silver trophy cup. I purchased this at the Rose Bowl Flea market on Valentine's Day. My husband, the sweetheart that he is, came out early with me that morning. I convinced him that this trophy would be a great Valentine's Day gift since it had the enamel red cross on it. My heart went pitter patter when I saw it but it was a bit more than I wanted to spend so I walked away... I couldn't get it out of my mind so I went back and asked the dealer for a better price.. I'm so glad I did! Have you ever seen one like this?



Linking to:

7 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

WOW!!! I would have bought it, too! Nope, never seen one with a red cross on it! Fabulous find!!

becky

Cori said...

I've just had the pleasure of touring your GORGEOUS home! I have been a fan of The Old Painted Cottage for quite awhile now. Occasionally a home is featured that just "knocks my socks off". Your home is one of those.

I love the way you mix old and new and the way you obviously treasure your found objects and how they make your home "YOU".

I am also a decorating magazine "junky" and love to collect, create and make my home comfortable and cozy.

You have a new follower in me. So nice to meet you. Thank you so much for allowing us to share your beautiful spaces.

Congrats on your new blog and I'll be sure to visit your ebay shop.

Cori
Starview Sonnet

AntiqueChase said...

Hi Cori~
Thank you so much for your sweet comments, you really made my day! I purchased yet another magazine at the market today. It's the new issue of Renovation Style. It looks like a good one. I'll be sure to post a review.

Lori said...

Love the trophy too, always looking for those, you never see them much. My husband wants some for his office.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Oh, I would have bought that too! What a great trophy! So unique and special. Thank you so much for linking this beauty to Favorite Things Sat. laurie

Sarah said...

No, I've never seen one like this, and I'm happy it went home with you where it will be loved and appreciated. ~ Sarah

Isi said...

I read all your entries and now I'm in love with your BLOG!

greetz from your new follower from Germany

http://theisiwayoflife.blogspot.com