Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Garden Whites ~

Today, I am linking up with Kathleen over at Faded Charm for 
White Wednesday 
and
Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for 
Outdoor Wednesday

Let's head into the garden to take in some white...

This old, creamy white bench sits outside and is protected from the sun by a covered patio. It's a wonderful place to relax with an ice tea and a new decorating magazine...


The white pillows were from Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic. I purchased them {on clearance} before she closed her [prior] stores. They are a very soft linen with a subtle floral pattern.

I thought the frayed ruffle edge was unique and wanted to copy the idea so I was only going to purchase one pillow.... thought about it some more and decided I better take the pair.  Love the torn edge!!


This topiary once lived inside my house... it was having spider mite issues, so I planted it outside in this old urn. I love the remnants of white paint that remain on the cement.


Perfect patina that comes only with time (or a little sandpaper)...


Mature white rose bushes bloom profusely all summer....


They have no fragrance but provide armfuls of blooms that look so pretty in the house.


A white bird bath sits quietly in the corner...


Sadly, my white hydrangeas have been slow to produce this year...


On the other hand, my gardenias don't disappoint. 
I especially love to clip one for a small vase in the bedroom. 
One flower can scent the entire room.


White birch trees are my favorite and do very well in Southern California.


Hope you enjoyed a tour through my white garden. 

Thanks for stopping by, visit again soon!

I hope you will consider following my blog.








22 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Marcy:

Ahhh, the bench looks like a lovely place to sit and quietly ponder! I checked out the pic of your mirror at COTM (and of course lingered, once again at each picture) and I think the mirror looks great as is! However, if you want to change it, spraying is the way to go! Very, very easy and quick.
Take Care - Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The bench is gorgeous! Thanks for the tour of your garden. Hugs, Sherry

A Cottage Muse said...

How I would love to sit and browse through my favorite books and magazines in such a lovely spot! So happy I stopped by!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

All I can say is GORGEOUS!!! ~~Sherry~~

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

So very pretty, thanks for the tour!
XO
Kristin

shannon i olson said...

Beautiful things indeed!

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Thanks for the wonderful tour through your beautiful garden! I LOVE the bench in your first photo... gorgeous!
Happy WW!
~ Jo :)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Marcy,
I just found your blog through Jennifer at The Old Painted Cottage. Its a pleasure to meet you! Your home is so lovely, I can see all the love and thought you have put into your home. Everything is so pretty!. A very welcoming place and a happy home...
I have become your newest follower..
Have a sweet day, hugs~Elizabeth

Marie said...

All I can say is...absolutely gorgeous! Your home and garden is so inspiring. First time I saw it from Old Painted Cottage, I was blown away. I'm your newest follower. Stopping by from White Wed & OW.
-marie

My Cozy Casita said...

Hi Marcy,
Thanka for the tour through your garden!
The bench is goregous as well the pillows, I always enjoy your blog! So beautiful!

XOX
Isora

Ms. Bake-it said...

Love all your whiteness! I especially love the white roses, they are gorgeous! Thank you for the tour!

~ Tracy

Linda said...

I loved all your whites...Gardenias are a favorite of mine too!

Tessa said...

Hi Marcy - it seems I've been trailing you reading blogs today, b/c when I've left comments, I've seen your name and thought I'd swing on over and peek at your blog. you have a lovely home. The bench in your garden - amazing! I too have a deep love for antique. I look forward to your future posts. Tessa

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love that bench and pillows and all those beautiful white flowers. Your hydrangeas are doing better than mine. I only had 3 blooms this year.

Rebecca said...

I'll just sit awhile on that wonderful bench and enjoy all the pretty surroundings-Happy WW

Tricia @ A Rosy Note said...

I love, love, love that bench! The gardenias are wonderful too...they look so pretty. I think I will become a follower :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I love the finish on the bench!!!

WendyKV said...

Gosh, Marcy! I don't mean to be a stalker, but here I am again. lol I love the chippy white bench with the Shabby Chic pillows. And the urn is to die for. Also, white hydrangeas and gardenias are my favorite! My husband buys me a gardenia every July on our anniv. cause they were our wedding flowers 22 years ago. And he bought me a white hydrangea bush for my b'day in August. Funny, huh?

Wendy ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

The Paint Splash said...

Love your gardens. Especially the gardenias. They have such a wonderful fragrance. Have a blessed day. Debbie

oh yvonne said...

oh, lovely garden! I have some beautiful OGRs at my moms house that I need to bring you cuttings of, if you like. Mme Pierre Ogre, (burbon), Yvonne Rabier (darling polyantha), but Yvonne is white. Are you still sticking with strictly pink roses? Have fun!

Virginia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFULL!!!
Love everything, specially the creamy white bench.
I am now a follower.
Joy and Blessings,
Virginia

Lisa Montsion said...

You have a beautiful garden.

lisa