Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Apple a Day~

When we purchased our home, we were lucky to inherit a mature apple tree in the backyard.These apples are quite famous with some neighborhood girls who come to pick them by the dozens. My family, however,  is less than enthusiastic. My kids won't try them and I'll admit that my husband and I haven't either. I hear they are tasty, sour but sweet..the perfect tart. Yet, I can't bring myself to try them. Silly, I know.

 
The backyard squirrels are throwing them all over the ground. This has made my dog "B" very, very happy. Every time he goes out, he is cheerfully cleaning up after those squirrels. At first, I thought it was cute, but now, I realize that "B" is gaining too much weight.


Looks how happy {and full} he looks!
Even if I won't eat them, they do look and smell so good in the kitchen!


Anybody want some apples?

Linked with:

11 comments:

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

He does look very happy...and handsome;)!

They look great in that beautiful bowl even if your not going to eat them;)!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Lisa said...

Precious Pooch is "B"!

Lisa@Suburban Retreat

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

"B" is adorable...and he looks very happy with that apple in his mouth! :)

AntiqueChase said...

Hi Cathy and Lisa.. as always, thanks so much for the comments!!

Alvn ~ nice to see you here, thanks for stopping by!!!

Janet said...

The apples look wonderful on the tree and in "B"'s mouth. Enjoy the apples when you can!
Janet

Faith Like Potatoes said...

There would be no apples left on the tree if my kids lived there! They love apples!!!

oh yvonne said...

shall I give you my apple bread recipe? LOL. Use those apples! ;o)

Sarah said...

I should have know that you'd have a sweet dog. B is beautiful!

Calypso In The Country said...

Beautiful dog!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Our golden, Alfie, also loves apples. My husband eats a lot of apples and Alfie waits not so patiently at his feet for the core.

Stopping by via The Polohouse link party.

Lynette - Sweet Posy Dreams

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

That B is such a cutie!
My two love apples also and even more when I peel them....spoiled, I know! Good thing we don't have an apple tree.... that's all I know.

Thanks so much for sharing B with all of us at the linky party today.

I think I am picking up our buckets either this weekend or next.... finally!
xoxox
Alison